Table of contents
G suite is a Google platform for business e-mail and team management that can be accessed in any device. Entrepreneurs usually use it to set a company’s emails for all the team members.
If you have a company and you want it to succeed on the internet it is highly recommended that you sign up for a G suite account.
We have noticed that some people struggle to create their corporate team e-mail because they don’t understand that G suite set up process is a part of a google account. So we found it useful to talk about it a little:
If you want to sign up for a G suite account, click on this link: https://gsuite.google.com
HOW TO LOGIN FOR THE FIRST TIME
IF YOU ARE AN ADMIN USER
- After signing up you will receive an email from Gsuite with a temporary password
- Log in with the new e-mail and the temporary password
- Enter your new G suite Dashboard
- Accept its terms of service
- Choose a new password, enter it and you would be redirected to your new G suite inbox.
IF YOU ARE NOT AN ADMIN USER
- You should receive an e-mail at an account you already have so you can log in and set a new password for yourself
- Or When your e-mail is already set in G-suit, to log in the first time you have to click in the option “set a new password” and complete the data that would e required
HOW TO ADD A NEW USER (only for Admin users)
- In the Admin console Home page, click on Users
- Select the organizational unit to which you want to add the user
- Click on “Add” and then on “Add new user”
- The information you would need are the person’s first, last name and you might also want to have a secondary email address to send an email message with sign-in details for the new account
- When creating the username you should consider that it will consist in the first part of the new user’s email (what comes before the @). Some people choose to use something generic like “contact”, so the future e-mail would be like [email protected]
- You can give the new user full administrative access on the G Suite account through the Administrator option (G Suite accounts need at least one Administrator).
- Since you are an Administrator user you can automatically generate a password for the new user, or to create one
- There are optional data entries for the new user such as phone number and picture
- If a secondary email address was added for the new user, he/she will receive a welcome email message that explains how to sign in for the first time
- Google gives 30 GB of storage space for each user, including their email and attachments, and adverts that It could take up to 24 hours for a new user account to appear in the searchable G Suite Directory.
For a more detailed process, please access Google support: https://support.google.com/a/answer/33310
AFTER LOGGING IN FOR THE FIRST TIME
After you’re all set, you can use these URLs to access G Suite.
- Admin Console – http://admin.google.com/a/yourdomain.com
- Email – http://mail.google.com/a/yourdomain.com
(PS. Don’t forget to replace “yourdomain.com” with the custom domain you use for G Suite)